Children & Youth / Young Adults
Children and Youth
We believe that the whole church is responsible for the children and young people of the congregation. Furthermore, we are convinced that God has appointed parents to be the major faith influence on children. It is our firm beliefthat children and youth must have at least one strong friendship with another Christian in order to stay a Christian. In view of this we do the following:
- We supply “Faith at Home” resources for families and members each Sunday.
- Quarterly, we hold a Faith in the Home segment in worship, during which members talk about sharing Jesus with the young.
- Each Sunday during school terms a team of five teachers lead the children’s ministry (Sunday school) during worship.
- Pastor Wayne conducts a children’s segment almost every Sunday of the year. During holidays, children have an activity to do during worship.
- Pre-teens are taken through a first Holy Communion course.
- Teenagers complete Head2Heart for a year and are confirmed.
- Young people take part in regional youth activities on a weekly or fortnightly basis.
- All high school aged young people are encouraged to attend an annual Christian Life Week camp.
- At the end of high school, a state based Easter camp takes place that lead on to Lutheran Student Fellowship activities.
Our young adult leader is Alex Muschamp. Each fortnight he hosts a group at his place for young adults. You can contact him on 0433 361 133.